Thursday, August 26, 2010

Barangaroo : A big white ship at a big white tent


Barangaroo : Paintings of the Pacific Jewel  at the temporary cruise ship terminal
plein air oil painting of cruise ship 'Pacific Jewel' at temporary cruise ship terminal at Barangaroo by marine artist Jane Bennett
"The Pacific Jewel arrives at Barangaroo" 2010 
oil painting on canvas 36 x 46 cm
 $1,800  
Enquiries about this painting
janecooperbennett@gmail.com

The first cruise ship to use the temporary facilities at Barangaroo was the 'Pacific Jewel', coincidentally the last cruise ship to dock at the old terminal, at Darling Harbour Wharf 8.
 I painted this and several other canvases on the wharf itself. I had to go through the X ray with all of my painting gear. I forgot and left my palette knife in my trolley luggage, so I had a bit of explaining to do!








No comments:

Post a Comment